My Story

So, if this blog is going to help other kids with the same disorder as me, I'd better tell you my story.

When I was three or four, my mom said I started having absence seizures. We never noticed them until the end of first grade at an appointment with my then pediatrician. We contacted the local children's hospital and I went through a video EEG. I will explain video EEGs in another post. At the end of the 3-day hospital stay, my mom's neurologist came in, because my new pediatric epileptologist his home country, because I was diagnosed with epilepsy. I was given a prescription of Keppra, which made me fly into rages. I will not tell you not to take it if it works for you. So I was given a prescription for Trileptal. I love it. This is my sixth year on it. I have not had any seizures that we know of since.

In third grade, one of my classmates had a tonic-clonic seizure. When she got back, we started talking. We bonded, and are currently best friends. We now go to different middle schools, but are still best friends. 
~Norah~

Comments

Popular Posts